So, I get that all of my posts so far have been pretty serious. And they will continue to be serious because those I’m writing about things that matter to me, and those things happen to be serious in nature. BUT, I do think that that a little positive energy and gratitude is a great thing, and I want to share that as well. Every Friday I’m going to post some kind of post that’s a little more upbeat, just to keep things interesting.
Today I’m posting my five favorite things from this week: things that made me smile, things that made me think, etc. Enjoy!
1. This song, “Black Coffee in Bed” by Ernie Halter: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1HU8ak0bcg
I categorize my music under indie, but I really don’t know what indie means. It just sounds cool. Essentially, I love soft, semi-sad to really sad music.
2. I finished The Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac this week.
I know On The Road is the classic, but I liked The Dharma Bums more. It had fewer characters and felt a little more focused to me. Plus, when I picked this one up, I knew what to expect from Jack Kerouac, so I didn’t have to spend time getting used to his writing style.
3. The Humans of New York page on Tumblr.
I just started following this group on Tumblr and I love it! I love to hear people’s stories, even if it’s only a couple of sentences.
4. The knowledge that I don’t have to work on Monday.
I love my job, but I still like a day off as much as the next person, especially since I’m predicting that next week will be pretty packed!
5. I’ve now had my apartment all to myself for two weeks! It’s glorious; I love alone time!
I hope you all have had a great week and have an excellent weekend!